Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Blogger Widgets



Wednesday 4 December 2013

How to watch films on Movie2k when it is blocked

I found a neat and simple way to be able to access Movie2k, even though it is blocked by my ISP in the UK. The way I see it, why am I going to pay for films when companies like Amazon (who own Lovefilm) don't even pay their taxes?

Movie2k doesn't actually store any films, it just contains links to hosting sites where you view the films. Nonetheless, Movie2k is very useful for finding the films in the first place, and I also love how they rate the quality of the hosted film using smileys. Using a proxy site, it is possible to access Movie2k, and then to retrieve the URL for the hosted film, which you can then just slap into your browser, and enjoy. I'll give instructions and screenshots below.

A proxy site is basically a remote server that you can use to browse the web, at least that's my understanding in a nutshell. So in theory, if your ISP has blocked a site, then you could still visit the site via a proxy which may be able to access the site. Personally, I use Hide My Ass but there are plenty of others that can be easily searched. Start by going to Hide My Ass, and just go straight to Google.com by clicking the Hide My Ass button.
(Note: you could put the Movie2k address straight in here but I'm too lazy to go and find the URL).


Once you're onto Google, do a search for Movie2k and click the link. Success! You're onto Movie2k!


As you can see, the page has loaded. The CSS (layout) is a little screwed up for some reason but we have enough to work with. Ok, nearly there. I have found that I am unable to watch the movie through Hide My Ass for whatever reason, but we can at least get to the page that hosts the movie, and from that we can retrieve the URL for the page and watch the movie direct without any proxy. Select the film you wish to view, as you would normally do when browsing Movie2k:


And then you are able to get the URL for the hosted movie (see highlighted URL in blue). Copy this URL into your browser, without using the proxy, and you're good to go!


Tip: In case you have noticed, the screwed CSS on the left hand side prevents you from accessing the search box on Movie2k. In order to work around this, simply click one of the links at the top of the Movie2k page, like FAQ or register, and you should land on a page that allows you to access the search box without any problems. Happy viewing :)


There's also a video tutorial here:

No comments:

Post a Comment